An Unbiased View of What Is Billiards > 자유게시판

본문 바로가기

자유게시판

An Unbiased View of What Is Billiards

본문

Boxing became prevalent in the 18th and 19th century. Another ball-and-mallet games, deriving the 13th century in the Netherlands area is "Spel Metten Colve" which literally translates as "game with clubs". Other sources state it would develop into the game known as golf. So is pool a sport, or is it a game? You can use the cue ball, solid red ball, and solid yellow ball from your 8-ball pool set. The cue is a tapered rod of polished wood or synthetic material, ranging in length from about 40 to 60 inches (100 to 150 cm). If you pot your cue ball after the ball contacts the red ball, it is worth 3 points. The game features both cannons (caroms) and the pocketing of balls as objects of play, scoring points for each of these. Artistic Pool - a trick shot competition on a pocket billiards table in which players score points for performing 56 preset shots of varying difficulty (probably not a sport). Because these shots challenge your ability to predict ball paths and plan multiple moves ahead. You strike the whote with a closed-finger loop bridge and you still take three shots before chalking up? Set such a man on a putting-green with a putter and three or four balls, and he will very likely putt as well as the best professional; ask him to drive or play a brassey and he will be nowhere.

To prove how much nerve is the first, second, and third necessity in putting, you may take a man of thirty years old who has been and perhaps still is a good cricketer, and has a good eye for games generally. Keeping an eye on the asteroids is difficult but worthwhile, since such chaotic effects may one day fling an unwelcome surprise our way. There are said to be two at Simla, not counting the woman who blows the bellows at Syree dâk-bungalow on the Old Road; Mussoorie has a house haunted of a very lively Thing; a White Lady is supposed to do night-watchman round a house in Lahore; Dalhousie says that one of her houses "repeats" on autumn evenings all the incidents of a horrible horse-and-precipice accident; Murree has a merry ghost, and now that she has been swept by cholera, will have room for some sorrowful ones; there are Officers' Quarters in Mian Mir whose doors open without reason, and whose furniture is guaranteed to creak, not with the heat of June but with the weight of Invisibles who come to lounge in the chairs; Peshawar possesses houses that none will willingly rent; and there is something-not fever-wrong with a big bungalow in Allahabad.

No native ghost has yet been authentically reported to have frightened an Englishman; but many English ghosts have scared the life out of both white and black. There were three rooms, besides my own, which was a corner kennel, each giving into the other through dingy white doors fastened with long iron bars. In due time I found my ghost, or ghosts rather, what is billiards for there were two of them. Lorenz had found the seeds of chaos. There are, in this land, ghosts who take the form of fat, cold, pobby corpses, and hide in trees near the roadside till a traveller passes. Up till that hour I had sympathised with Mr. Besant's method of handling them, as shown in The Strange Case of Mr. Lucraft and other Stories. It was my good luck to meet all sorts of men, from sober-travelling missionaries and deserters flying from British Regiments, to drunken loafers who threw whiskey bottles at all who passed; and my still greater good fortune just to escape a maternity case. He gave me the name of a well-known man who has been buried for more than a quarter of a century, and showed me an ancient daguerreotype of that man in his prehistoric youth.

A man who foozles his drive and slices his approach, but who is nevertheless always down in two strokes after he has got on the putting-green, if not in one, is very hard to beat except his opponent is a really good player. Winning requires putting more balls into pockets or completing a colored set before the opponent. Some players will purchase spot stickers and use them to mark out where the colored balls should go. This means that the ball will bounce infinitely many times on the sides of the billiard table and keep going forever. Scoring is achieved by ‘potting’ balls, by ‘cannons’, and by going ‘in off’. The player must first pocket a red ball and then try to pocket any colour he may choose, scoring the value of the ball that he has pocketed. First off, respect your goddamn equipment. Occasionally a customer of the house visited Milford, wishing to give a special order for some particular line of goods. I never inhabited the same house for three nights running, and grew to be learned in the breed. You’ll need to sketch the snooker ‘D’ form at one end of the table with extreme caution.

댓글목록0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

댓글쓰기

적용하기
자동등록방지 숫자를 순서대로 입력하세요.
게시판 전체검색